View Single Post
Old 02-18-2004, 01:17 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Lone Star 427 Comp Big Old Rat Heavy duty slush box
Not Ranked     

Give Brian or Steve a call or an email about the pre-paint job.
They'll try anything for anybody once. Personally, If you are building at home, I would recommend buying the body with their normal black jelcoat. Too many variables having to do with cutting,grinding, and fitting of doors, hood, trunk, and assorted holes for rollbars, windshield, wipers, lights, trunk latch, etc. Why kill a nice paintjob with a sabresaw?
The sidepipes are just-right noisy for purrrrrfect driving. The local constabullary hasn't bothered me except to get a little closer for a good look and listen. Never got scientific yet but under hard throttle, I would guess in the area of 70-75db range.
As far as registering, just have Lone Star provide an MSO when you are ready to register, take it to local DMV, and title it as a pre-1971 engine in whatever year car you want to register as.
At least that's the way I was able to register in Wyoming. We have no safety inspections or smog tests to contend with...Easy!