View Single Post
Old 02-19-2004, 09:31 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique Motorcars 427 Cobra. 427 Side Oiler. Dual Quads.
Not Ranked     

I really like it!

In fact, I don't know if I've seen a Cobra that I don't like. I like the originals, and, I liked Lou's chromeillusion blown drag car.

I know I'm walking on egg shells here, but I like most all classics, street rods, antiques, etc. I feel that each one reflects the individuality of its owner. I view them as moving art.

From the flowing line of an early Auburn Boattail Speedster to the new Ford GT. Each classic has its own uniqueness. (ok to me a Pacer looks like a turtle, but it is unique)

In fact the whole debate on this forum about "original" vs "continuation" vs. who has the best replica kind of puzzles me.

Everything but the originals are a fake, a copy, replica, or whatever else you want to call it.

Whether it is the correct shade of blue or hot pink doesn't matter, it is still a replica.

I can understand some people wanting their car to be as close to the original as possible. But to me, if everyone had the same exact blue cobras with the correct engines, interiors, wheels, etc. Then you would just have a bunch of clones that are exactly the same. That to me, would be extremely boring! Can you imagine a car magazine called "Original Cobra Replicas" in which each car featured would be exactly alike? All very nice clones to the originals but all the same?

It seems many people feel that the only "correct" cobra is what is sitting in their garage.

I don't know why some people that own Cobras look down their noses on any Cobra (especially one that is as nice as the one in Summit).

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the original Cobra.

I also really like it when people are not afraid to express their individuality and customize their Cobra replicas putting their own personalities into them.

Maybe these people need their own website "Club Custom Cobras" or something.

In defense of West Coast Cobras, yes, their car is larger, wider, has a much more civilized interior, a much safer frame and chassis, more comfortable seats, etc and is a FAKE Cobra, but, so is my Unique, and SO IS YOURS (if you have a replica).

I'm sorry for the rant, but I have been reading this forum for a few months now and have had several postings and have gathered a ton of very useful information. I'm sure most people here are really nice people. Everyone has been very helpful to me that I have emailed about various topics. But I also feel that there are a ton of snobs that post on this forum that don't like any car other than their own or an original. I think it takes a lot more creativity to create a personalized Cobra (like in summit) than it does to simply imitate a car that Shelby made 40 years ago and a car that thousands of other people have in there garage as well.

Just my 2 cents.