View Single Post
Old 02-20-2004, 05:05 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance 156, ex Paxton 351, now a 392 Ford Racing Stroker
Not Ranked     

Computerworks/Ron...a BIG thanks in assisting me in posting my pictures and 62 Prototype story...Bill Gates is not worried about me as competition, I still get confused using a vcr remote !

Speed220mph..... yes and no. I was at Ford from 68 til my 98 retirement, but in the marketing/sales/production planning area, with 18 of those years living in 6 different USA locations. My product development involvement was 'some but not much'. If you were around SCCA/MGCC/PCA in the 60s or a Waterford Hills regular then, my father (Bill) raced a series of Porsche 356s there and was on the National SCCA Rallye tour as well as local gymkhanas, more Rallyes than racing . He was also on the Chev Corvair International Rallye factory team in 62/63. He stored the 4 Zora Arkus Duntov prepared factory cars in back of our house. I was able to excercise them on Woodward Ave on occasion.

Those were the days. I cruise Woodward every day now, but it is not the same as the days of factory racers running the streets and more lax patrolling by the gendarmes as it was in the 60s.

Bill.