View Single Post
Old 02-24-2004, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Rob,

My dad and I went to DVSF II and fell in love w/ the cobras and more importantly, the people. We wanted to build our own but we both work full time, he travels a lot, we live 90 minutes apart, and it wasn't going to make sense. I rode in George Wickes' titanium SPF. He had a stock crate motor making 385hp and I thought it was the craziest thing in the world. Ever. I'd driven a '96 Porsche 911 Turbo and a '99 Ferrari F355 Spyder. After riding in George's SPF, I thought the 911 and Spyder were lame. Well, sort of. :-)

Full year later, pops and I finished putting our motor in titanium/black SPF 1670 and drove it home from the shop we were borrowing. My fun is found in building/restoring motors. I have one body job to my credit and it was horrible. I don't want to do it again.

I've read stories of guys spending 2, 5, 15 years on building a Cobra. One thing's for sure, they're all damned proud of their cars. Many of them are truly beautiful works of art. Every one of them will give you a grin from ear to ear.

One thing you have certainly seen since reading everyones posts is that you have to do what your gut tells you. I'm so happy w/ our SPF. We shot for 500 horses, got there, and it's insane. Some guys have 800 horse and blowers. There is no limit to the insanity. That's the fun of it.

I'm sure you've met Dean Rosen already at one of the flings, and if not, he is great. He and his dad Ron run a great business, and everyone there is wonderful. You won't be disappointed.

Best of luck on your journey. Hope to see you at DVSF IV, wherever it ends up, with or without Cobra, whosever model it is.

Best Regards,
JP