View Single Post
Old 02-28-2004, 10:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 2004 Kirkham 427 Roadster. New BBM Sideoiler Block, 484 cu. in. built by Valley Head & Racing Engines, Northridge CA. installed 3/20/2016
Not Ranked     

Walrus-
Stainless is pretty for awhile. If the stainless used is the wrong alloy it will rust and corrode too. It also cracks if bound up in any way as it goes through heat cycles. I have a Kirkham on order, and have talked to David and Thomas about the side pipes and came to this conclusion, I'm going to use thier system and have them fit the whole deal at thier shop and send them to Jet Hot before final assembly.
Let Kirkhams fit a block in your car and cut the hole, They have been doing it for a while and know how big to make the hole for vibration and torgue. Also thier headers use a slip fit from the primary pipes to the side pipes so you don't end up with a square flange and an extra gasket to leak on you. Check out cobrarestorers.com. they have a picture of a simuliar setup. Also you will notice that the primary pipes are all separete instead of all welded to a common flange. This makes it easy to fit all the pipes into the merge collector before you tighten everything up. And as mentioned before you'll need rubber in the hangers to absorbe vibration.

Good Luck