View Single Post
Old 03-04-2004, 12:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

Drove a bright yellow F355 spyder once. Right after a '96 911 Turbo. It seemed slow, actually, next to the 911, but I've still never heard anything that can duplicate the Ferrari V8 at 8500 RPM.

A 408W through sidepipes I think sounds cooler, but not quite as pretty I guess...

Actually the most looks I've ever gotten in a vehicle were in a 25' private 'bus' called an MSV. It was quirky and futuristic looking, had gullwing front doors, a dome on top for DSS, and had a thundering 454...ahem.....Vortec 7400......hooked up to some 3" dual exhaust action.

It had wipers off a Toyota Previa, tail-lamps off a Grand Cherokee, and running lights off a Viper. Headlights were from a Freightliner or something.

I was delivering one to a photo shoot and the speedo was off. I thought I was cruising at about 72 or so, turns out I was cruising closer to 95 the whole way up I-71. I can only imagine what the OHP would've said/done to me had they been patrolling that stretch of road between Columbus and Mansfield. I got more stares from the people in the right lane that day than I've ever gotten before. I still laugh about that almost 6 years later...

JP