View Single Post
Old 03-05-2004, 05:51 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: 66 COBRA FE 427 /4SP. (HCS Coupe w/ 408 Stroker and TKO 600 -sold)
Send a message via AIM to Clois Harlan
Not Ranked     
Default Obviously I am doing something wrong!

This should not be this difficult so I am obviously doing something wrong.

New TOB and now I have to bleed my TOB (I really hate this part). Here is what I have:

TOB master cylinder mounted on the outside of my foot box firewall and the reservior is mounted about 8" higher on my firewall behind my engine.

The reservior feeds my master cylinder through a 3/8". The master cylinder is plummed to my TOB via a AN 4 braided SS line going directly to the brg's bottom fitting.

The top fitting on the TOB is my AN 4 braided SS bleeder line.

I have tried bleeding the brg with the car level, ass of the car up, and also with the ass of the car down and the front up. NO DIFFERENCE.

I am using DOT 3 fluid and a mighty vac with teflon tape on all fittings including the bleeder screw. This should not be this fricking hard. By the way I have tried the two man method as well (pumper and bleeder).

Time to re-examine my placement and installation of my Throw out Brg reservior and the plumbing. Something is wrong.

Anyone have any secrets or wish to share there setup including placement of parts etc.

Clois

"Let's roll"

"Be part of Something Good
......Leave Something Good Behind!"
from CD "Long Road Out of Eden"