View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 09:46 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF 289 FIA, 347 stroker with Weber 48's, building a '48 Anglia gasser, driving a '55 Chevy resto-rod
Send a message via Yahoo to G.R.
Not Ranked     
One final question/concern---finally got some time to address my wiper issues,a couple days ago, wired everything per Finishline diagram and your guys help, wipers work great---but today I was under the dash checking out another electrical gremlin, while doing so I inadvertently knocked the #4 hot ignition lead from the wiper motor off it's connection, must not have been fully seated, then, ignition was on, I also bumped the wiper motor switch toggle and low and behold the wipers came on, toggled the switch, I've got hi/lo and park.

I thought the wiper motor needed a seperate ignition source from the Lucas switch in order to operate? Now I'm confused

Steve R---the Moss Motors part only confused the issue--the motor didn't know want it wanted to do

I'm not a great 12v electrician--but I do know how to read a schematic or rough diagram--I rewired 3 sailboats and everything worked, cruised one for 5 yrs. But this little wiper motor thing on a car has me baffled.

Any Ideas?