View Single Post
Old 03-19-2004, 09:56 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Everett Morrision FE 427 so 2-4s
Not Ranked     

I haven't put the power to the motor yet.I went and put the new motor socket and cam-switchI bought at Brooklands in my old motor and the new 120°gear from Enzo.When I removed my old motor the red wire on the motor went to a local ground.The new wiper motor from Enzo has the blue wire going to ground ternimal on the cam switch-socket.So I installed and connected the new cam-switch in my old motor( bringing it up to date) the same as the new motor.I'll have one fused power source for the dash switch and motor. I'm using an old inexpensive dial multimeter I can't perseive any difference in the OHMs readings between any of the three wires( red ,blue, and yellow) on the motor its self in any combination.Perhaps too much caution makes Mike a dull boy.Am I on track?I should have bought a coil of pink wire for the park wire .The words pink and park are close? The #30073 terminals were intended for 14 gauge wire and smaller and with the #428 crimpers do a real nice job.I'll keep the new motor assy from Enzo with a new 120° gear and electrical plug as a complete-expensive spare. Man do have an ever growing pile of parts. At least in ages to come it's new yellow plated appearance should identify it as having some possible value. If I had this knowledge before I would have bought the Lucas dash switch $43,electrical plug $10, #30073 terminals $18 per hd.,120° gear $35 and called that good enough.Again the Lucas toggle type dash wiper motor switch has a very short threaded neck and if mounted through a 1/2" round hole will allow for a thin metal dash.To get that switch through a my vinyl covered dash I had to scrape the thin padding from between the cover and the dash around where the switch will be.I also had to cut a rectsangular hole 11/16" by15/16" centered on the original hole to allow the chromed toggle pivot body portion of the switch to protrude thruough metal dash to get enough to thread the nut over a thin washer and the vinyl .I still had to squeeze like
mad to start the nut.

Last edited by Michael C Henry; 03-19-2004 at 10:01 AM..