View Single Post
Old 03-22-2004, 06:38 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 377 - 428SCJ
Not Ranked     
Default DCE ERA/Jag rear Wheel Hop Absorber Kit

Hi Duane,
Have not heard any updates on your project lately. What is current status. Are you planning to proceed with limited production? If so, I am interested, so please keep me on the ready to send a deposit list.

This weekend finally had the courage to "drop the clutch" from a standing start. The wheel hop was so violent, I could not believe it. I am wondering if with or without your mods, my shocks are set up "right". Now I don't really know what right is, softer or firmier, but if everyone was experiencing what I did, all ERA's would have Ford 9 inch live axels.

Any suggestions for improvement/adjustment will be appreciated. I have never worked with Spax or any other coilovers, but am assuming (always dangerous) that if I had a spanner tool, I would back off the bottom "nut" and then tighten up the inner or closeset to the spring nut to firm up the suspension. But how much to take it up if tight is better. They look like they are pretty well up the range of adjustment now, 50% or more I would think.

Hope your hand is well on the mend by now.

Thanks,

Terry
428SCJ