View Single Post
Old 03-23-2004, 11:34 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Hawk 289FiA with Le Mans hardtop. AC CS(X)2131,289 (my father owned it from `67-`73)
Not Ranked     
Default trade dress issue?(I ain`t buyin` no beer!)

I have a similar "trampette syndrome" story.

Whilst replacing a driveshaft gaiter on a FWD Mazda last week, I released the shaft nut with a 3ft long bar, then started to remove it with the ratchet. it went one full turn, then stopped. in my kneeling position, I applied some downward force. nothing. Straightened my elbows, applied a similar amount of force....no resistance whatsoever! My head came down on the wing(fender?) so hard it broke my glasses in half & left me with a bump the size of half an egg that has now faded to the kind of yellow that normally suggests jaundice! The insult bit to this injury was that as my head bounced up, the socket came off the nut, and gravity brought my head back down to the same point it had so recently made contact with. Oh, by the way, it was hailing, I was in the street,soaked through, freezing cold but at least no-one saw me! My buddies in work are still calling me 'Elephant Man' though!

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- Anna Sato-Williams.

"If I plagiarize, it's only because I like someone else's idea better than mine and I want credit for it."- nikbj68

Last edited by nikbj68; 03-23-2004 at 11:38 PM..