View Single Post
Old 03-25-2004, 03:36 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

With all due respect Mr. Locket, I disagree. The Superformance Cobra and the PMS Cobra are top notch quality vehicles, however they are different. Instead of everyone saying "ours is better, come look" it would be better if each manufacturer would simply deliver the details of their product. I am sure if someone goes to your factory and see's all of the production stages of a Cobra, they will be in"awe" (I know I was impressed, I have been there atleast 3 times). Then you want someone to look at a Superformance Cobra in someone's driveway, and compare the two? I am sure if you fly to South Africa and see the Superformance Cobra being assembled you will be blown away also.

It boils down to what you want in a Cobra. A Superformance Cobra is completely different (square tube chassis, steering, sidepipes, engine/transmission, brakes, seats, rear-end, front fans, etc...) underneath than a "original" Cobra. The PMS is built to "replicate" the original chassis and look of the car (they do have "upgrades" to several items) even down to alot of them having "original" looking 427 and 428 engines. PMS also has a "radical" blown 4.6 engine in one.

I suggest you decide what you want in a Cobra and then do some research on whatever brand Cobra fit's those needs. Test drive several cars and make sure you know when the car was built. A 2003 Superformance Cobra has many improvements over a 1999 Superformance Cobra (alot of Superformance Cobra owners keep up with the improvements and "upgrade" their cars to the new specifications).