View Single Post
Old 03-26-2004, 07:58 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

To be fair, I now have a few friends with completed cars. I also have all the parts I need to finish mine. Now all I need is time. Rogers kit is one of the best I have seen as far as design and overall workmanship goes. He has had in the past some horrific delivery problems. As a very small business that depends on alot of outsourcing he is at the mercy of everyone else. So I do believe most of the problems he had were not his fault. I also think he was going too diversified by trying to please everyone. It would have been much easier to limit choices to a small or big block ford, IRS or solid axle, and backbone only. Less parts needed, and minimum development work once the basic car was done. It is very hard to talk a header manufacturer into designing headers for 8 different motors and 2 different chassis for possible one-off sales. It goes to the back of their list.
I do think that he took the high road by finishing all the parts we needed. In this business you hear too many times of companies going out of business after stealing deposits, sending unbuildable partial cars, etc. Roger has not done this. Kudo's to him.
This is not a first time build car. While it is a good car, the support network is not there like it is on F5's cars, etc. Since he is such a small builder, it never will be. You need to be able to "figure a few things out for yourself. HUGE KUDOS for Ralph Wilson and his site.
I have not talked to Roger in a long time. Basically, I have not have time to work on the car. But I need to call and say HI.
If there is anything we can do to help put you back on track, let us know. we are a small but extremely helpful group.
I bought the car because I liked what I saw, and to this day I still like what I see. Unfortunately, I'd like what I see even more assembled.
Would I buy another RUCC car? Right after a Kirkham.