View Single Post
Old 03-28-2004, 03:30 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: DRB, FORD 302W,T5
Not Ranked     

Having arrived back from the exciting weekend at Warwick, I thought I would let you know how it all went. We have a new committee in Qld {Aust} and the Show 'n' Shine was won by Paul Gillis.

The party at night was a real hoot with everyone making an effort with their costumes. I thought my Dolly Parton outfit was pretty cool but some Saloon Dancer with fishnet stockings took the cake. The line dancing lessons fell on deaf feet. However some of the participants are obviously closet line dancers and the prize for the best dancers were a couple who must have done this sort of thing before.

After breakfast we {all the guys and 2 WOMEN } headed out to the racetrack at Morgan Park. We were able to use the short circuit as timing equipment was being installed on the main track.
Everyone had a great time. Even those who had never driven their Cobras on a racetrack before. The corners are very tricky on this circuit and it was a really good lesson in car handling. I had some new Michelin tyres and although they aren't exactly soft, they sure hung on better than the old tyres I had before.

Next weekend I am off to the dirt circiut {autocross } in the "Datmobile" , my Datsun 1200 mentioned before, to have some lessons in how to drive sideways. I figure it will make me a better driver. Seeing as I have passed the tests for a FIA Rally Licence and I am off to the Targa Tasmania in 4 weeks, they might come in handy!!!

Mrs Flatchat.