View Single Post
Old 04-01-2004, 07:54 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: West Coast. 514 / 6 speed Richmond overdrive
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Thanks for the kind words and encouragement, guys !

Indeed I have been very busy personally and have not been here much. I just now returned to this thread. But I am back, of course in black..Here's the update:

Have found an excellent pro race motor shop in Tacoma that will rebuild and dyno my motor and give me a warranty.. a former expert mechanical member of the Petty race team is going to port match my Edelbrock Torker 2 intake, which should get me an additional +- 50 HP over what I had. The mis-matching was horrible! As soon as she gets together and I drive her a few weeks on the carb, a professional mechanic friend of mine and I are going to put her up on the rack at his shop and install all the EFI stuff.. then she is going to be trucked to a very professional EFI tuning/turbo shop that has a chassis dyno and all the aftermarket software to do the job right. Then I will have my tuned EFI 514

Yep, birthing pains describes this.. but I did have a blast last summer in those 3,000 miles. I must have gotten 2,700 thumbs up and about 50 double thumbs up in that time. My lady and I had many giggles watching folks outside sportsbars checking her out and we met hundreds of interesting folks we never would have, otherwise.

Mohuska, I will shoot you an e-mail. By the way one of my front tie rods is broken.. after 3,000 miles. If you have one of these cars check yours!! Also consider a piece of customized 90 degree angle steel to protect your fuel line(s) from a potential broken driveshaft!! Bad enough to break a drive line, don't let that set your WC on fire!

I WAS a Vern Redel defender initially.. I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. this situation (and the condition of my car as delivered) has proven that Vern Redel has no concern for his reputation or his written and signed word. I have the warranty and his silence to prove this. I believe the best revenge is living well so this will pass.. you guys get your motors running and drive, I will be out there soon also!
James Madison, father of the Constitution, said, "If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy." He also said, "No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare..."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.standdown.net/index.htm

Last edited by Back in Black; 04-01-2004 at 07:58 PM..