Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Bernie Knight

--0-0--

"justbetter Hire Cars"

Hi Aussie Mike

The Feb/March edition of Street Rodding magazine had a back page article that indicated that all pre 1949 vehicles can now be registered including kit type street rods such as a Brownlee body and Rod City Chassis.

Larry O'Toole the owner editor indicates that there has been a change in registration policy.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for Kit Builders throughout Australia to join the Street Rodders and obtain a similiar position.

Have you heard or read similiar??

Cheers

Bernie
I hadn't heard this but it's excellent news!!

The Street Rod Federation is much better represented than the Kit Car builders and have a better chance than we do of pushing this stuff through. Perhaps we need to start getting the Cobra clubs together and present a case to the authorities with what the Street Rodders have achieved as an example. We should also be talking to the Street Rod guys to work out an approach that might have a chance of getting through.

I don't think we need to ask for the same rules as the street rod guys but relaxing the requirement for a euro 3 spec engine would keep us afloat. If Cobras could still be built using the Ford EFI 5.0 or similar that's plentiful in wreckers around the country that would be enough to keep our hobby alive.

Where do we go from here? I might have to drop a mail to Mr O'Toole and ask his advice. Ted Robinette (the Guy that writes the tech section for Street Rodding) bought my old milling machine, I might have to drop him a line too.

Quote:
Originally posted by STASIK A4

Mike thanks for the tour of your baby.... cant wait to see mine at the same stage as yours....
My pleasure STASIK. Good luck with the research, it's part of the fun of building a Cobra. Talk to as many Kit builders as you can and see what's around. You might like to drop Adrian S a note as he's just got his G-Force Cobra on the road. Get along to the next club meeting as you will find plenty of RMC cars and Laurie Bongalias' Cars (RCM) and be able to chat to their owners/builders.

Cheers

Last edited by Aussie Mike; 04-05-2004 at 07:07 AM..