View Single Post
Old 04-06-2004, 12:15 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: WCC 514ci 625hp. 5sp
Send a message via Yahoo to bibt1272
Not Ranked     
Default wcc BnB

BnB I'm very sorry to here about your situation with Vern. I purchased a turnkey cobra from him in sept. I seen his car at our local car hop and fell in love with the design. I am a big block fan.
I have built three of my last three cars. { 23 T 32 Ford, and 36 Ford.] When I visited Vern's shop. I was very impressed with the frame suspention and body design. Vern explained in great detail the design and steps to build the car. I did not consider it a challange to build this car myself for all the engineering had been done. So I asked Vern to build it. Durring my research I was reading all of your threads in Vern building your car. You were very excited about the car. and supported Vern durring the build. Their were a lot of changes made durring the build. I was extreemly impressed with your desition on reworking the intake manifold by drilling holes to install the fuel injection. The paint job with the goast stripe is gorgios. However things began to turn for you. As I read your threads { deliver, bearing problems ets.] I became a little concerned. In your defence, I sent Vern all of your post and asked him to responed. He had called me back, right away. As I listend to his side of the story. { lots of changes durring the build waitting on parts and the painter ets.] one thing he said, stood out. Terry I was going through My divorce at that time where my X took me over the coles. Well in hearing that I wasnt sure what to think.
BnB, I visit his shop every two weeks. My car is almost finished. From what I see. He does take pride in his work as do all his employees.
There are four cars there in final assembly. Two have purchased the crate engine and two who had their engines built. I chose to by the crate engine, but with all I read about this engine, Im second guesing myself. Vern Is not an engine builder as he has told me this several times. If you buy his Kit or chose him to build the kit less engine and trans. You will get a great car. I have asked him several times to call you. I will ask him again next time I visit. He does need to back up his work and work this problem out with you. Al of us who own a WCC would like to be proud of our cars and the designer of the car. Good luck BnB.