View Single Post
Old 04-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Banned
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF w/392CI stroker
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Turk

In my case my perfectly legal SB-100 registration caught the attention of DMV, and instead of being given my license plates and my title, I was given another temporary sticker good for 3 more months while Sacarmento tries to find something wrong with my paperwork.

Nowehere did they offer to give me my taxes and registartion fees back. Almost $3000.00 is theirs to keep, while I sit here wondering what is going to happen to my paperwork.
Turk, I'm not quite in the same boat, but close. I have my tags and they handed me my registration. Now all I'm waiting on is the pink slip (ownership certificate). I dropped off all the paperwork two weeks ago, so now all I do is check my mail every afternoon.

Perhaps I went a different route than most: Bought a used car from out of state, assigned a previous tag (vanity plate) to the car, tried to go through AAA for registration but got flagged on a VIN verification at DMV, played dumb with the CHP and they affixed their own VIN, then went to DMV and got my sequence number and did the dance with B.A.R. Sort of bass-ackwards, but I was able to work through it all and ALL the paperwork is there. Oh yeah, and I paid full taxes on the full purchase price.

If the DMV does not present me my pink, my next step will be to contact an attorney. I followed all their rules and did everything they asked of me. They have no justification to withhold the pink.
Stay tuned.......

-Deano