View Single Post
Old 04-09-2004, 10:09 AM
Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #1507 427 Dart Block Windsor
Not Ranked     

JP,

I looked in SCOF and couldn't find the throttle linkage fix, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere. Perhaps it's in a back issue of "Second Strike". If you still need it and nobody posts it in the meantime, I'll dig out my back issues and see whether I can find it.

Just went out and looked at my car. It sounds like your problem is at the joint between the gas pedal shaft and the arm on the other end of the shaft which operates the throttle linkage. This appears to be a welded joint on my car but, from my dim recollection, this may have been a press fit or secured with a set screw on earlier cars. If that's where the problem lies, the repair would involve removing the arm, drilling and tapping it for a set screw (or two, 120 degrees apart) and replacing the arm on the shaft. It appears this could be done without disturbing the steering shaft.

See whether that looks like what you're experiencing; if so, the repair is pretty simple and straightforward. If not, post back here and let us know what you find.

Lowell