View Single Post
Old 04-12-2004, 09:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: NAF replica, 351W, about 420 HP
Not Ranked     

Went out to Palm Springs for lunch Saturday. I like going to the "Kickstand Cafe" , which is the type of bar/grille that has an old Indian motorcycle bolted near the top of the wall, hanging out over the sidewalk. Also, the waitresses are usually the "Large-Breasted-Mattress-Thrasher" types!

The temperature was in the low 90's in PS, and the Kickstand has those all-important misters spraying that cool, refreshing mist that makes the desert livable. Plus, the dining patio is up on the second floor, offering great vistas of the scantily-clad ladies window-shopping on Palm Canyon Drive.

The Kickstand has the usual menu of burgers, salads, chicken-breast sandwiches etc, so I ordered up mu favorite: a Cobb salad, less the bleu cheese crumbles and less the mushrooms, but with extra bacon bits.

I finished my meal, paid the tab, then walked downstairs to the Cobra parked just across the street from the Kickstand. I hopped in the Cobra, and was putting on the belts, when I noticed two older couples watching my every move with a keen eye. I glanced over their direction, and smiled at the foursome, each couple in matching Hawaiian shirts.

One of the wives mentioned that they were standing there and waiting for me to start the Cobra , so they could hear the rumble of the exhaust coming out of the sidepipes. I obliged, the Cobra fired instantly, and settled into a deep, gutteral, almost prehistoric rumble. I glanced over at these four people, and they were all smiling, and nodding their heads, and saying that they loved the sound that emanated from the car. I nodded, smiled back, wished them a great weekend, waited for a break in the traffic, and rumbled down the road.

A beautiful day. Good food, cute waitresses, great weather, and a Cobra.

"If you think that you can cut it, if you think you got the time, you'll only get just one chance, better get it right first time. 'Cause in this game you're playing, if you lose you got to pay, and if you make just one wrong move, you'll get BLOWN AWAY. Expect no mercy.