View Single Post
Old 04-16-2004, 01:03 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

Snakebit,

Which direction you are traveling in won’t matter. All that matters is how you mount your carburetors to the manifold. Also the word evenly is not the proper descriptive term. If the carburetors are set up opposed they disperse fuel more efficiently and directly into the combustion chamber.

I could have been clearer in my previous explanation. So, I’ll try again.

If the carburetors are facing all left or all right, then both sides of the system are dispensing fuel in the same direction, either to the left or right. However, our FORD 302 manifold is constructed so that the carburetors on both sides must both dispense fuel inward, so that it will go straight to the combustion chamber, affecting the throttle response.

So… the carburetors on the right side of your system need to dispense fuel to the left (or inward) and the carburetors on the left side need to dispense fuel to the right (or inward) so that the fuel goes straight into the combustion chamber. If the fuel is dispensed outward it hits the throttle plate, falling out of suspension.

This is not only less efficient then directly disperseing the fuel into the combustion chamber, but when the fuel goes directly into the combustion chamber it passes through and mixes with the air. Where as, if it hits the throttle plate, it runs down the side and does not mix with the air as well. Although these details certainly affect your car’s performance, they do not produce drastic differences. They are most frequently used in racing and have no effect on street driving. But it’s really cool to have your WEBERs set-up just right.

I hope my explaination is what you were looking for. If you have any other questions just let me know.
Wallingford, Ct 06492-2512
203-265-3617
www.inglese.com

Last edited by Jessica Wysocki; 04-16-2004 at 01:17 PM..