View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 02:04 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force 5.0lt HO EFI T5 Jag SeriesIII Suspension
Not Ranked     

Quote:
Originally posted by Aussie Mike

I hadn't heard this but it's excellent news!!

The Street Rod Federation is much better represented than the Kit Car builders and have a better chance than we do of pushing this stuff through. Perhaps we need to start getting the Cobra clubs together and present a case to the authorities with what the Street Rodders have achieved as an example. We should also be talking to the Street Rod guys to work out an approach that might have a chance of getting through.

I don't think we need to ask for the same rules as the street rod guys but relaxing the requirement for a euro 3 spec engine would keep us afloat. If Cobras could still be built using the Ford EFI 5.0 or similar that's plentiful in wreckers around the country that would be enough to keep our hobby alive.

Where do we go from here? I might have to drop a mail to Mr O'Toole and ask his advice. Ted Robinette (the Guy that writes the tech section for Street Rodding) bought my old milling machine, I might have to drop him a line too.

Mike,

I was talking to Rob from G-Force Sportscars in WA and he was very interested in this topic and what the guys from this forum had to say.

He would like to get in touch with you and discuss this issue further.

So if your interested let me know and I will pass on your details to him.

Thanks
Stuart