View Single Post
Old 04-23-2004, 07:23 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Unique 289FIA / SA 351W / a truly glorious machine
Not Ranked     
Default Re: Rarity/Uniqueness of Cobras waning?

Quote:
Originally posted by jhl1963

Guys, I am just curious how the guys who have owned their Cobras for a long time feel about the infusion of new Cobras in the last 5 years or so? For me, one of the main reasons I have always loved the Cobra (Kit/Replica) is the rarity as compared to regular production cars - and although I still want one (rarity is not first on my list), I think some of this charm is gone as they are not as rare anymore (not that they are around every corner like a C5, but I think you know what I mean). Mitigating this issue, at least for me, is the reduction in price/more choices due to the increased competition.

Thoughts?

Jordan

Jordan,

I understand your concerns but really they are still quite a rarity.
I saw my first Cobra in 1964 and 38 years later I saw my second one...(1st one was a real one) Didn't even know they existed as a replica.
In this area you could probably pull as many as twenty Cobras together on a weeks notice.. However, you'll almost never see another one while you're just driving around.
I had the same concerns you did about the rarity but they never cease to draw a crowd...
For me it's a great body style with an inordinate amount of HP.
Why should I be the only one to enjoy it... Plus it's a great community: the Cobra owners... The more the merrier...