Thread: Dash lights
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 04:44 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: G-Force, 351W, GT40 Lightning Intake, Toploader, Jag running gear, 3.07 diff, Autronic ECU
Not Ranked     
Thumbs up Dash lights

Hi guys,

I recently embarked on a mission to find some tell-tale dash lights which carried the ISO symbols suitable for Engineer approval. Basically, there were none that I could find. Options available were to use a light cluster from another vehicle or use an aftermarket integrated cluster module. Neither of these gave the dash a particularly original look. I saw that Robnell were screen-printing the symbols on their lights but this had a durability issue as it could be scratched off. Besides, I’ve not been able to contact Robnell in recent times. Therefore I was forced to create my own. After doing the artwork in Autocad, I got a local engraver to experiment using a Laser engraver on the face of a Britax light. The results were terrific and I already have 4 people wanting a set. So that I could get a discounted bulk price I did a run of 10 sets. If you’re interested in securing a set for yourself then let me know.

The lights I’ve done the artwork for are as per the picture below:-
Dash lights

The pricing is as follows:-
Engraving Only AUD$5 each light
Light + Engraving AUD$12 each light

The price is minimal when you consider that Repco charge $8.50 per light (and that’s not engraved !).

The engraving includes the white enamel infill.

If you want them mailed then I’ll need to charge you whatever Australia Post charge. If folks outside of Australia are interested then this can be arranged too.

Note this doesn’t include the 12V globes which are easily found at any auto supplier.

If you're interested, then send me a PM of which lights you need and I’ll arrange it.

Let me know if there is a particular symbol you are after if you don’t see it here.

The dimensions of the lights are below…
Dimensions

Some other pictures of the lights…
Side view
Exploded view

Get in fast !

Adrian.

Last edited by Adrian S; 04-26-2004 at 05:00 AM..