View Single Post
Old 04-26-2004, 04:42 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF #623 460/4x2
Not Ranked     

Slither, I dont think I am right or wrong. Its just an observation. At his core, Shelby is a race car driver, a race car builder, a guy that is always pushing the envelope to break racing and speed records, and to build cars that defy the norm. To go faster using parts that are state of the art, or by using state of the art thinking to create something from nothing. Thats is the way I picture him. Now, today, these roadsters are not state of the art. They are not winning any races, they are not pushing any envelope. They were abandoned by him a generation ago and up until a little over 10 years ago he could have cared less about who made a replica of one of these cars. He would have taken pictures in front of it, signed it, whatever. So Slither, I dont care to be right or wrong, I just wish that the guy that I looked up to as a kid wasnt in the replica business/looking backwards, but in the groundbreaking, envelope pushing, race car business/looking forward. That is the way I want to remember the guy. That is where we need guys like CS.