View Single Post
Old 04-27-2004, 08:41 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Smile Keisler Front Shifted T56 for Fords

Dear Listers,

In surfing the net, I came across your discussion board with this thread regarding our product.

We are in the process of making our patent pending front shift conversion a "kit". However, it is a formidable job as it requires special tools to press off the 5 & 6th gears, etc. We have workstations and special fixtures to perform these processes. One of the components is in the final stages of tool-up. We have already received samples and test fit. Once completed, a kit will become a viable solution. However, we are quite backed up, and I don't forsee this kit being available until late summer/early fall.

If you are interested in a correct T56 for your Cobra, we need to know which engine combinations (5.0L, 4.6L, FE series, 460 engine, etc) & torque (475 or 650) you would require. We can supply these in aluminum and SFI steel clutch housings, and for either mechanical fork, cable fork or hydraulic release bearing configurations (my favorite). We stock all of the transmissions and componetry.

Please contact us directly at x1 or my extension x203.

We have just a handful of T56s in Cobras now, and I believe you would love the transmission. We have two standard and 1 custom gearset available.

Of course, we also make a close ratio, short throw TKO 5-speed also with 2.87 1st and choice of .82 or .64 5th.
www.keislerauto.com
865-609-8187