View Single Post
Old 05-15-2004, 01:35 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     

the car needed a real restoration. fuel cell, engine, tranny, R/E, shocks, ducting, etc. recently run 7k miles in southeast near the ocean. It had a fair amount of bondo, so we went to bare. i hate plastic. the goodnews was that almost all the exterior panel area was original, with plastic filling dents, etc. the aluminum was worked by hand back to 100% orig configuration. frame was in good shape. didnt destroy anyhting with LHD dash since it had already been done twice before. we dotn beleive it was ever in a bad wreck. all numbers are there. found the original racing seats, and tank. iron block high P/N and breathed on a bit. nice. never could find a Quality set of orig aluminum HR heads or magnesium manifold. i dont beleive they exist anymore. Sum - upgraded quality and strove for originality. cars get invited to races and rallies based on history and the history of these cars is what made them great - so I like to celebrate it. as regards for the price? find me another REAL comp cobra, a very early car, orig frame doors hood body panels orig seats and tank that competed at goodwood brands hatch and austria with bondurant driving. altho left hand shifting will be an adventure. Legendary Motorsports does good work, and what u didnt see were the hundreds of hours outside the show clips. and they have to finish in 9 months (season), with the world judging quality control. we hope to have the car on public roads by junei Do appreciate all your comments on the car.