View Single Post
Old 05-19-2004, 08:12 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: SPF1670 Stroked Little Windsor - Runs OK.
Send a message via AIM to MidOHasp
Not Ranked     

I know - his post just seemed like he was taking no prisoners in slamming the W motor and touting the 385 series as the greatest thing since flush toilets.

Matter of fact, the only thing I know more of between when I had 12 posts and when I had 300 posts is what I've learned here. Well, I also know that Cottonelle makes the best toilet paper. I came to that conclusion in the past couple of months, so that too.

Byron, I'm sorry I missed your 2nd post in this thread - and I have no clue HOW I did. I didn't mean to attack you in my most recent one, I just hate when people seemingly come in out of left field and start slamming one thing or touting the heck out of another thing. I've driven a ton of very fast cars in my life, as well...and as far as bang for the buck goes, there is nothing (in my mind) like Chevy power. To me, the prettiest sounding one was a Ferrari F355. Best power to displacement was a 911 Turbo ('96).

I guess I spend most of the time talking to people here on CC who are trying their hardest to be very accurate in design of their cars. I should know better than to put my feelings about that on someone considering a FFR and a 385 series motor. That is NOT an insult!! That's a fact - MOST people who have a Cobra want a Cobra looking thing that goes good and sounds awesome. The best looking cars I've seen were not necessarily CSX's. Or Kirkhams. Or ANY manufacturer specifically. I've seen them from everyone.

Someone who wants their car to be perfectly historically accurate doesn't buy a FFR. Reality check - they don't buy a SPF either! They buy a Kirkham or a CSX.

So, I do apologize for that - I shouldn't be so anal about being period correct, etc... in this thread. But there are VERY valid points that are great reasons to go with a SB in a FFR car.

From the sounds of Fitz's brief build summary, he is putting a lot of very nice and expensive bits into this car. He DOES care about more than going fast in a straight line (at least it sounds like it). At least consider the weight savings and ease of use of the small block.

But I've said before I'd prefer you used a 385 series motor, myself. One less 408 on the road. The W is already turning into a big "me too" motor. I love its versatility but may have to build an all aluminum one or even an FE motor for "engine number 2" if I get sick of being a "me too".....

Sorry if I offended anyone, but a big part of my character is to try to be fair and balanced (haha...like FOX news) and to let someone see all sides of an issue. But only if they WANT to see both sides of it.

Fitz, you never posted this question in "Small Block Talk" or "FE Talk" - what gives??