View Single Post
Old 05-21-2004, 11:45 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA 623, 427 S/C Cobra. Ford FE 428 Cobra Jet, Ford Nascar TL 4speed - with a touch of raw; "less is more" theme
Not Ranked     
Default Original 60s Shelby Team jacket in Sister's closet?

So I came down to visit my Sister in San Diego and she starts telling me about this jacket her husband gave her.... he grew up in LA and his best friend's dad was on the original racing team. So, I'm thinking to myself, okay, what are the chances of this being an original. Hmmmm. So, she brings the jacket out from the closet and I had not seen one before... blue, white stripes down the front left side, pocket, but no patches. During the discussion, her husband said he had removed some patches off of the jacket... so I'm still wondering yeah... sure...

So, we get on the internet and start looking for pictures and see where the original patches went on these jackets.... we start making comparisons and sure enough... you can see right where the oringial patches were. Flag on the right, Cobra with round corners on the front, and some small rectangle patch on the left arm. So, my sister thought it was a cool jacket, and has been wearing it around but was not sure what it is/was other than it had something to do with AC Cobras, and she likes it.

Its not for sale, but we would like to obtain original patches and restore it to keep. Anyone have an idea as to what the last one went for on eBay or other auctions? I saw on old thread from someone that said they picked one up for 2K years ago, and they are worth more now. Any details would be appreciated so I can pass this along to my sister while here in San Diego. Just found it really cool to know my sister might own an original jacket from the team... Your thoughts? Thanks,