View Single Post
Old 05-27-2004, 09:27 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Bare Aluminum pre-Kirkham CSX4000 427 Stroker by Southern Automotive.
Not Ranked     
Default This farmers shed vehicles stash

When I took delivery of my CSX I had two big block '68 Shelby fastbacks, (one was a converted 302 car) a '70 Boss 429 Mustang, a '72 351C Mach I Mustang, a '66 Mustang convertible, and a '66 Mustang GT HP fastback. I thinned the herd to help pay for the new beast, and have held on to the '72 and the two '66s.

Sorry, I have no siblings. My three daughters are waaaaaaay to young to hook up with. They all know and appreciate what a Cobra is. Even my youngest girl, a three yr old, can identify the car on the CC homepage by name. Then there's my youngest, a 3 mo. old boy, who will be raised to know and appreciate the cars as well.

To get back on topic.....Last year I was driving the Cobra to a local car show and once I got into the city, stayed on major streets which passed through both business and residential areas. I was in no particular hurry, let myself get caught by red lights and stayed under the speed limit. At the show a guy came up to me and asked me if I had driven down his street that morning on the way to the show. I had indeed. He got excited and said he had heard me from inside his house, and in his haste to get to the window to see the car making the noise, had wiped out scrambling over the back of his couch. He reached the window in time to get a brief glimpse of my taillights. I was amused at the visual, and knew it to be a nice compliment, especially since I was making the effort to pooch along to keep the noise to a minimum and avoid hassles from the police. Out in the country during brief WOT blasts, the car can be heard a mile away.

Fast Farmer