Thread: Updated Profile
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2004, 06:44 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #684, 428 FE, TKO600
Not Ranked     

Tampa:
I'll be using 17" wheels 9.5 front 11 rear with Goodyear GS-D3 315/35/17 rear and 275/40/17 in the front. The wheels will be from PSE.
I'm ordering the ERA rear suspension with outboard brakes (owned an XKE Coupe years ago and working on the inboard brakes was a pain). The rear end will be 3.07.
Shipper hasn't been decided yet but will most likely be Rich Lacey or Intercity. Whoever can work me in most effectively with their schedule and mine once the car is finished.
Looking for the first drive to be when the car is finished which may be late July or into August depending on how long Peter and his ERA elves take to wrap it up. As soon as it's done I'll fly back to New Britain for the acceptance inspection and, with luck, a couple of trips around the block. Once the acceptance is done the car will be shipped to Denver where I have a support base with relatives and will spend about 5 days shaking it down. From there I plan on driving it back here to Portland (1200 miles) to "bond" with the car and get some road miles on it.
I'm ordering the top and side curtains (people don't tan in Oregon, they rust) fitted by ERA to extend my driving season a bit.
At least that's the plan at this stage. Given my luck (if it wasn't for bad luck I'd have none at all) all of it is subject to change on a moments notice.
DonC