View Single Post
Old 06-07-2004, 09:43 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery
Original Shelby Owner

Cobra Make, Engine: AC427 MkIII of 2004 vintage
Not Ranked     

That brought out a lot of worthy comment, did it not? Jolly good show.

I have indeed driven your fair highways, and even crossed the Mojave, and I can see the joy of a bloomin' big block on such straight ribbons of tarmac. Lots to said for lots of grunt in such surroundings. I concede the point, willingly.

I know that 'steering on the throttle' is not the fastest way to proceed, but its good fun and much much safer in the smaller 7 than attempting the same trick in a Cobra. I admit I lack such skill/nerve/stupidity to attempt anything so rash with a seven litre monster. I'll stay home and carry on with my needlepoint, thanks.

Also admit that my 7 is not a Lotus and, as you say, and all the better for it!! The original was method of losing all your fillings, to the delight of your dentist (Morgan owners know that) but my New Improved version boasts the sooperdooper De Dion rear end that adds luxury and comfort to my bottom as my twilight years approach ever faster. The comfort factor the one thing that everbody, without exception, comments upon after their little blat. Not to say that the odd pothole has been known to jolt me awake, however.....

I might have known youz peoples would have ashtrays (and lighters, cup holders, drinks dispensers and karioke machines) fitted to your bikes. You Americans.....!!!!!

Anyhow, whatever floats your boat, its good to talk