View Single Post
Old 06-11-2004, 08:01 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default My engine

I found your site while looking for FE info - - and I've done a fair amount of lurking since then.

My block is a really early production piece from Genesis. I think it took nearly a year to get it - - but I knew that going into the project. Since I work at Speed-Pro, I have access to quite a few specs on components like bearings and lifters. I have contributed dimensional and component information to the guys at Genesis as they were designing the block. I think I was pretty early on in requesting a block for the project.

My position also means that I got a pretty good deal on some of the parts - - pistons, rings, and bearings. I also already had many items such as the heads and intake from a prior build - - although everything was extensively modified at least I wasn't starting from scratch.

We tried to calculate what it would cost to duplicate my engine using everything brand new and came up at around 20 grand (yikes!). The prices include everything - MSD box and distributor, headers, wires, paint, fasteners, head work dyno time, etc. You could easily cut out a third of the cost or more by using a carburetor, a flat tappet cam, and a more common intake manifold.