View Single Post
Old 06-13-2004, 07:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: CRL, 351W, Tremec TKO
Not Ranked     

Well, I spend yesterday and today trying out the new pedal and have decided to keep the old pedal.

I drilled out a new hole and mounted the pedal but the pedal ended up too far forward (too high).

So I decided to use one of the pre-existing holes, pedal was too far back (too low).

Noting the similarity to the story of the three bears I decided to drill a new hole between the existing holes. Remounted everything and the pedal was just a little bit too high. Brake effort improved (less force required) but the pedal was still just a little too high for comfort.

(I should note that I am not of average size, I am 6'4" tall with size 12 feet so fitting everything into the foot well of my Cobra is a challenge in itself. Folks of more diminutive stature fit just fine!)

So Don, thanks but no thanks. I'll try to remember to bring the pedal assembly to the DVSF with me.

I have gotten to be darn good at removing and then re-installing the pedal box. One of these days I'm going to buy myself some air tools ... I about wore my arms out with the manual ratchet wench!

Who is John Galt?