View Single Post
Old 06-15-2004, 01:58 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA #629, BBM Side Oiler Block, 482ci, Richmond 5 speed
Not Ranked     

I installed Duane’s wheel hop kit (WHK) on my ERA several weeks ago but I’ve just recently found the time to test it out.

First let me say my wheel hop has never been as bad as that reported by some. When I first got my car on the road, I had the 4 coil overs adjusted completely soft. If I did a soft launch the rear end would squat nicely and break the tires loose with little noticeable wheel hop. But if I did a hard launch I would get a noticeable wheel hop but nothing violent like some others have described their wheel hop. Before I installed Duane’s WHK, I was able to eliminate all wheel hop by stiffening up the coil overs. I had to adjust them in about 2-1/2 revolutions to eliminate the wheel hop entirely. While that eliminated the wheel hop, it made the ride much too staff. The rearend would no longer squat nicely and the tires would spin much more readily.

After installing the WHK, I’ve been able to adjust the coil overs about ½ revolution in. The wheel hop is gone completely and I’ve got a relatively comfortable ride again (okay, comfortable for a Cobra anyway).

Chris