View Single Post
Old 06-27-2004, 07:23 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance AUS002, Chev 5.7 with hairdryer
Not Ranked     
Wink Whats going on

Cobra.au ( Craig )

Dont know if Mike has kept you up to speed, but from last years nationals and my very long spin at the end of the straight due to a Fuel miss problem, i've had no end of fuel problems, every thing from silicone in the tank, killing 2 fuel pumps, pick up location, swirl pot location, hose problems, etc and could'nt really find the solution.
I managed to slide into the que at the LS1 Drag nationals held not long back at Heathcote to see what it was all about, and find out what was being done with these engines.

After speaking to a couple of people and seeing the results, i knew mine had not even tickled its self yet with the early homework i had done in selecting the Pro Charger blower.

A Company in Dandening The Horsepower Factory ( also known as Amberly Autos ) have been tinkering with the Gen 3 and the Pro Charger blower, so when i showed up with mine and listed my concerns, they helped me solve the problems.

With fitting a new fuel pressure guage it showed we were missing alot of fuel, so tackled the problem from the tank, removing even more silicone lumps still in the tank, re positioned the pickup, replaced the fuel lines, added another Fuel pump, ( now fitted with 1 x Bosh 500Hp pump and 1 x 800Hp pump ).
So it now had the full flow of fuel to the engine.

Then it was the injectors still being Std ones, up graded to 50Lb jobies.

A nice little cam to help with the exhaust but not enough to spill the coffee when resting on the dash,

A little polishing and porting of the Std heads.

Getting rid of the Maf, but keeping the Std Throttle body.

Changing the blower pully from 5psi to 7Psi

A smoke test to fit a couple of air leaks

New Ls1 Edit Tune.

And Well-A.

It is still loosing Bar pressure via the intake side as per the graph attached but this is being attended to.

Gee starting to sound like i know what im talking about, not really, with out some support from Aussie Mike ( not to mention his very helpfull Taxi rides ) and the guys at Amberly Autos, ( ROB ) i would still be saying whats that thingy bit do ???.

After looking at the boys in the USA and their Superformance Cobras and the Power they all seem to have ( but never know if there HP figures are at the wheels or not ) i felt that the strength of the Superformance could handle the power.

It still seems really sure footed, even took it out in the Rain to make sure it was drivable.

Hope you guys can make sense of the graphs, i havent been to that class yet.
Attached Images

Last edited by justbetter; 06-27-2004 at 07:44 PM..