View Single Post
Old 07-01-2004, 01:19 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine:
Not Ranked     
Default newbie looking at superformance

the thing is that I have no expierience building engines, and I don't want to have one custom built b/c I want an engine that is proven and one that I know is built to last. the world castings 454 sbc is such an engine and it is the most powerful/reliable engine I've ever delbt with.

I know that a sbc will kill the resale value of an spf, but does it really matter? As long as I have a car that I can't enjoy more, I wouldn't sell it unless it got totaled.

Ive had my 32 highboy since I was 16 (11 years ago) and I'm not getting rid of it unless i have to. my 57 sedan has been with me since I was 21 (6 years ago) and the same goes for it.

as long as I have the "perfect" (in my opinion) car that can turn on a dime, outrun a viper, go on a cross country trip with no problem, have the power of a well tuned 500+cid bb without the weight of one, and look cool all on 93 pump gas I'm happy.

I'm not trying to brag, but I do make slightly better than average means, so If I want somthing a certain way with one of my cars 6 out of 10 times it will be done if the money is there.