View Single Post
Old 07-04-2004, 09:59 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Classic Roadsters,351w B/S to 427 w/Hilborn Injection, Viper T56
Not Ranked     
Default Side pipe options.....

So, I installed my engine yesterday. I put the headers and side pipes on but the rear attachement for the pipes doesn't line up. The pipes stick out about 2 inches from the frame mount and are about 2 inches too short. The also look too low in the back and would require I raise the transmission at the rear which I cannot raise anymore than it is now. I know this "Short" pipe issue was brought up before (can't seem to find the thread). Just wondering what my options are. I'm using a 351W with the lowered mounts and had planned on modding these pipes to replace the mufflers as mentioned in other post (DV mod, I think). Anyway, I could probably take care of the length issues when I replace the mufflers and slot the holes where they attach to the headers to adjust height, just wondering if new pipes exist that already have this mod that would work and save me some time.

Also, anyone create any kind of mount for the T56 Transmisson to adapt to the CR frame or do I need to get my welder out again?