View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 06:56 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: -Sold- Contemporary 427S/C # CCX-3152 1966 427 Med Rise Side Oiler, 8v 3.54:1 Salisbury IRS, Koni's.. (Now I'm riding Harleys)
Not Ranked     

I'm going to thrash around with them for a while. I think they might be just enough of too much of a good thing . I think the squirter volume (these have 25cc squirters x2 with 50cc pumps) as well as reduced accelerator cam profile will make them more civilized for street use.

I hadn't considered the lack of a power valve when considering jet changes. I may want to leave well enough alone, one step at a time. For the price it will be a fun exercise, I will keep the 450's handy though. They worked really well on the 428 with the hydraulic cam and are ok on the 427. There is just more to be had, of course that always comes at a price.

Thanks for the prospective. I will let you know how it works out.

A man that is young in years, may be old in hours, if he have lost no time. But that happeneth rarely. Generally, youth is like the first cogitations, not so wise as the second. For there is a youth in thoughts, as well as in ages... Sir Francis Bacon (1561-1626)