View Single Post
Old 07-15-2004, 09:33 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Former owner of BDR 127......
Not Ranked     

In the 3 1/2 weeks since and 1268 miles I have had my car, I have had waaaaay too many 'recognitions' in my Cobra to even count. Pretty unbelievable and way beyond what I even expected. So, I will offer up the two most vivid and the one that happened today.

#1 - within the first week - Going south on the I-5 headed to Dana Point and I see a pick-up pulling up fast through the cars coming up on the driver side. The guy was two lanes over and I see a shirt flapping out of his passenger side window. I feel them pulling up next to me and the shirt turns out to be the passenger hanging out the window, as best he can with his buddy doing 85+, trying to take pictures of the car..... This is one the 5 freeway, mind you..... crazy with all the cars and speed.

#2 - Driving PCH south in Laguna Beach. Just got through the main beach area and was just hitting all the stop and go lights in south Laguna. I keep hearing a car honk its horn from two or three cars back - wasn;t sure if it was for me or someone was ticked off at somebody else. Anyway, 3 or 4 light later the car pulls alongside me and honks again. I look over and saw 3 of 4 beautiful, just got outta college-looking females. Long story short we kept blabbing through the next 4 or so lights (Nice car/ thanks, do you race it/no, can it fit more than two/ of you, yes).... just fun banter and flirting. Nothing really happened after that, but it fed a few nights of happy Cobra dreaming after that.

Today - Taking my car down to San Diego, on the 5 again. Received a lot of thumbs ups and waves on what is normally an hour and half drive (2 hours 20 mins. today with traffic). I drove over 100 miles and I as pull off the freeway and get closer to my mechanics shop (tweeks on the car and body as well), I hit the first red light. I wait, it turns green and I move forward and CHUG, CHUG...nothing. Start it again and the clutch goes to the floor..... Received a couple of honks, one very loud HA-HA and a lot stares as I pushed it over two lanes and onto a side street. The clutch slave went out... The good news, I was only three blocks from the shop - BUT, not quite the recognition you hope for in a Cobra.

All in all, it has been a fantastic 3 or so weeks. I am driving the car every chance I get..... It is all adding up to alot of smiles, a great tan and whole bunch of fun....

- Snak Iyz