View Single Post
Old 07-17-2004, 10:20 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: B&B w/FRPP 347ci 450HP Crate
Send a message via AIM to OhBuoy
Not Ranked     
Default Lemont Car Show - July 25th

I have not gotten all the details as of yet, but Lemont is having a Summer Concert & Car SHow on July 25th. From what I understand, part of the proceeds will go to Children's Oncology Services, INc. (COSI) and their One Step At A Time program. One Step At A Time hosts a summer camp in Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for children that are undergoing treatment for cancer and leukemia. The camp gives children a chance to be kids for one or two weeks out of the year. For the 4 years that I owned a boat with my brother and sister, we participated in Boat Day on Lake Geneva, and my brother and sister have continued on after I gave up my share in the boat to pursue the car and family interests. The camp is staffed by volunteer medical professionals, and the counselers are primarily cancer survivors and past participants in the camp. I just learned of this event on Friday in a mailing from COSI, but would be interested in getting some cars there if we could. I will call on Monday to see if they can get us together as a group. I need to do some brake work on my car, but plan to have it running for the event.

Tom