Thread: Side Pipes
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2004, 08:53 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Rat Rod Racer, LS1 & T56
Not Ranked     

I've been getting quite a few enquiries from people about my side pipes and whether I could build a few sets.

I can supply side pipes from the 4 hole flange just inside the guard. they would come with a coresponding 4 hole flange plate that you can build your headers to.
the rear mount can be supplied but not welded onto the pipe as different chassis will have different pick up points.

My pipes have Hi Flow Catalytic converters inside them and the baffles and Cats can be easily serviced or replaced. They have 2" primaries and 3.5" merge style collectors. The muffler body is 4.5" and splits apart from the collector to let you get at the baffles and cats. The tip is also 3.5"

I can also make them in different lengths to suit streched wheel base cars.

I'm looking at Au$1600 a pair uncoated in steel.

The materials are fairly expensive ie the cats are $250 each. The mandrel bends in different radius to tuck in close to each other are a special order and are between $30-$50 each. the flanges for the muffler body are machined from 5" bright steel billett.

There are a few pictures in my gallery to give you some ideas of what they look like and if you are in Melbourne you're welcome to come and have a look.

Here's a few pics:

Side pipes 1
Collector
Side pipes2

Cheers