View Single Post
Old 07-23-2004, 08:10 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Superformance / 427 SO
Not Ranked     

Jim: Well, NOW you're talkin' MY language! You helped me out with my Southern Hospitality thread so I thought I would help you out here. Everyone pretty much listed the "regular" places to go for pizza. That's probably your best bet. Stay away from the Southside if possible. Especially at night (they can smell an "out of towner" there as fast as the rednecks in GA and SC can sniff out a Yankee!). The wife would like Michigan Ave. Plenty of places to stay around there as well. If you want to spend some $$$ head to the Drake Hotel. Get up to the Sears Tower if you get the chance. Beautiful view of the city. Head over to Rosebuds, Magnums, or Sullivans if you're interested in the best steak around (actually I can name quite a few steak places, but those are good). If you have time, take in a Cubs game. You've never seen greener grass in your life. Beautiful old fashion park, and always a great time for out-of-towners (heck, a great time for anybody). Blues clubs? House of Blues is the most popular place, but there's a blues club and a pizza joint on every corner. Another must do (if you guys are into bars / nightlife) is head over to RUSH street. Wall to wall bars on both sides of the street and they're open until 4 am.........and BUSY until then too.
I wish I was there to show you around. I left SC a couple days ago and I'm up in Ohio today. Won't be back in Chicago for a couple more weeks, then I head back down to your neck of the woods for some more building (well, heading SOUTH anyway).
Just park your car in a garage (if you're getting a car while there) and take cabs everywhere. Easy to get around that way.
Have fun and be safe!