View Single Post
Old 07-26-2004, 11:46 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA140, ERA 267, ERA GT2038, ERA FIA 2045, ERAGT2077 ERA2893000EXP
Not Ranked     
Default ERA Road Trip to Road America

Folks:

It was great to meet and talk with so many folks at Road America. The weather was great (relatively dry) and the swarms of black flies, etc., that had plagued us in years gone by were not present.

I must confess that (at my age and stage) renting a golf cart to get around to different vantage points was money well spent. My vote for best "brats" is out at the Rotary Club hut at (dare I say it) Corvette Corner (and the soda is 50 cents cheaper out there as well).

Sadly the view of that corner is now somewhat obscured by catch fencing, but it was great spot to watch the 22 or so 70's and 80's F1 cars snake down the hill, through the corner and power down the straight. The racing was better than any current F1 racing I've seen recently.

We ended up taking my FIA, Peter's "clone car" and Danny's 427SC. (All of the GT's were buried too far into the shop to dig out. Maybe next year.)

All in all it's a long 2,100 mile round trip trek (particularly in a tractor/trailer type rig), but every now and then Road America needs to be on every true motorhead's agenda of places to go that are a must see.

Now if we could just locate that restaurant in Sheboygan with the "World Class" ribs.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Holden; 07-26-2004 at 12:02 PM..