View Single Post
Old 08-19-2004, 08:52 AM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Original ERA 427sc, Powered by Gessford
Not Ranked     

MJ-
I also have a 428 with the same cam that you have (comp cams 292). The motor initally had a holley vac. sec. carb on it which I was not happy with. To make a long story short, after talking to Don @ 4secondsflat, I bought a MightyDemon 750 and it is much better. (Although, the carb did need to be jetted up significantly from the stock jetting- I think I have 85s in the primaries and 92s in the secondaries now- have to double check that though). Anyway, the car runs much better now- car will idle all day long at 850 if I let it . Incidently, my timing is set at 18 initial and 36 total all in by 2500 (it made the most power on the chassis dyno at 36 total). You made the right choice buying from Don, he was a big help and went out of his way to help me out.

Also, you will likely have to change the powervalve in the Demon. I think it came with a 6.5 pv, and if your motor is the same as mine, it only makes about 5.5 to 6" of vacuum at idle- so you will need to drop down to a 3.5 pv. But you should measure you vacuum at idle to see what it is and let Don know so that he can set up the carb with the correct powervalve.

Let me know how it works out.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning."

Last edited by Chaplin; 08-19-2004 at 08:56 AM..