View Single Post
Old 08-20-2004, 04:52 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: RUCC Cobra, 351W 400hp / 400 lbs torque
Not Ranked     

Roger is still in buisness and working hard. He sometimes takes a few days to return calls, but he has always returned them. If you read all of the post pertaining to RUCC then you know Roger went through some pretty tough times a few years ago, he was behind had some associates leave had some that were not producing the quality he demanded. Long story short he turned his shop into a one man show. He does everything, this has its good points and its bad points, however in my experience the good outway the bad by far. When you call with a question you will talk with him and he knows everything about the kit. He will tell you everything you need and give you more information then you were looking for, a lot of helpful ideas based on experience, suggestions ect..ect... The only bad point I can think of is the turn around time. Being a one man show he is cutting down the amount of orders he takes to ensure they get completed on time, however sometimes the odd and end stuff people such as I request takes a little time to squeeze in, and the turn around time on phone calls is not as good as some other companies that employee a full service department to take and make calls, but the calls are all returned. I purchased my kit second hand from Leo when he put his up for sale. He and Roger told me that RUCC would treat me like a direct customer that purchased it fromm RUCC, and after owning the kit for 2 years I got to say I got way more then I expected. Roger has been more then fair, he is an upfront honest guy, who has gone way out of his way for me as far as I am concerned. I could not expect any more from anyone. Yes I had the same concerns the others have posted when I ws first looking, you get frustrated once in awhile waiting for a return call or parts, but planning ahead so the waiting is not an issue then it is not an issue. I have waited for calls and parts, however it has never held me up on my build, I am just slow.

Bottem line, great kit, great guy, worth any preceived hassle mentioned previousley on these threads. You can talk with any RUCC owner you will see concerns mentioned, however I believe everyone of us including me would purchase an RUCC kit again, and again with out thinking twice about it. If you want more information or details feel free to e-mail me directly, or we can talk the old fasion way over the phone.

Jim