View Single Post
Old 08-25-2004, 06:26 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Shelby alum 468 block
Not Ranked     
Arrow Shock, horror - the Dark Side - the other side

Don't mention the 'Dark side' and my name in the same sentence.

The 'Dark Side' as the guys over on the 'Australian forum' refer is the sinister group who are building Cobras using the LS1 motors.

Now Chevs. in Cobras is just not on. Now, I know Shelby did it but..

We have a problem with meeting our registration design rules and the LS1 engines are an easy option as they met all the current pollution etc. requirements.

Now I must say that the guys here are getting some serious HP out of the LS1. See the 'Australian Forum' Threads and Posts.

I saw a number of Hoosier State signs around and felt it may have had some link to our overseas friends. Then I thought it may have had a link to the Quakers.

I stayed in Indy for a night or two. Right next to the track at the Brickyard Motel there. Caught up with some locals just south in town on a Saturday who were using the old ball park car parking area for a car club meet.

Was over for the 'Run N Gun' as I mentioned.

See how you go chasing Wayne Turpin up when next down in Evansville. You will pick phone details up on the other "Thread" here and on the 'Run N Gun' site.

What car to get??

After looking at the Superformance at Costa Mesa Cal. I was really impressed. We have one over here in Melbourne Victoria. Its owned by "Justbetter" on the Australian forum.

I was also very impressed with the Backdraft cars I saw at Gateway Raceway at the 'Run N Gun'. The race car there performed liked a Go Kart it just hung on and on. Nice kit.

Bob Kallio from Midstates was also there and I found his Cobra kit very good also. I'm just on six foot and with his lowered footwells I was comfortable in his Cobra. The body was also of a high standard.

The FFR cars that were there appeared to be all built on the donor car configuration that they promote and it appears to be a good cheaper option that you can add too.

The FFR owners also seem to get on well together and get good support from Dennis and the gang.

Just my $.02 worth.

I used a Homebush body that was a copy of the early Arntz that came into Australia. See my gallery.

The rest was built up in a local race shop.

Are you confused on what Cobra kit to get?

Well wait until you start selecting the colour to paint??

Cheers

Bernie

www.kni-time@bigpond.com
KMS 427 #662 Shelby 468 CSX 1026