View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004, 02:39 PM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: Kirkham 427 brushed aluminum with Keith Craft 527C.I. all aluminum FE
Not Ranked     

HIQ, we are building similiar engines to this one with the Genesis blocks because we are having a problem finding the original blocks in good shape. We have built several of these engines in the 15,000.00 range with similiar power, ssome being stroker with a hydraulic roller camshaft and I see no reasone they will not last 50,000 miles like this. The only thing that is even a long term issue on Crackers engine is the solid roller lifters and springs. The valve springs might have to be changed every 5000miles and the lifters every 10,000 miles. This is why we use a lot of hydraulic rollers but they do not turn the rpm that the solids do. I do not see the big issue over how long do you want it to last. That is something that is discussed with every engine that is ordered and then it is designed with that in mind. We do this every day and that is what people pay us to do for them. Why would you build a guy an engine that was not going to last if he wanted other wise. Thanks Keith