View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 02:20 PM
Senior Club Cobra Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Cobra Make, Engine: ERA FIA, BOSS 351C/Webers
Not Ranked     

There is no doubt with ERA - they are a class operation with a First Class product.

I researched Cobra replicas for many years before selecting ERA. I wanted a car that visually was indistinguishable from an original - ERA's are about the only kit I can't tell from an original from a block away. I wanted a fiberglass body - I figure it is a lot more practical than an alloy body (how many bodyshops in your local yellow pages advertise they can repair aluminum bodies?). I wanted a chassis that was well constructed and sorted out - the ERA is. It is more substantial than many of their leading competitors, yet, not so over-built (like some kits) as to be "truck-like" in weight and handling.

Dealing with the folks in new Brittain was an absolute pleasure - no outrageous claims, no snide remarks about any other manufacturer's product - just an open attitude and an invitation to compare their product with anyone else's, based on it's own merits. Look carefully underneath all of the cars you like - you'll recognize the quality that goes into every ERA.

The guys at ERA have been doing it "right" for a long time - if you choose them, you will not be disappointed.

regards,

cobrajeff