View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 05:27 AM
CC Member
Visit my Photo Gallery

Not Ranked     

Excall Looking at the pictures, I see broken shaft at the mount hole. The problem may have started there. The lifter bounced onthe cam giving the roller flat spots and cause the lifter to destroy itself. What does the push rod look like?? You didnot say how big the cam is? Depending on the ramps and lift of the cam a don't agree with the 5000 and 10,000 mile rule. Car have hydro roller in them and go 100,000 miles without a problem. Was your block lifter bores sleeved?What pressure are your springs at and what is the chip in your msd rpm limit? How many times did you bang the rpm limiter? The cam I am looking at is the crane 349521 with hydro lifters seat pressure's 130and 350 at 1.30 compression of the spring. Rpm 2500 to 6000 rpm chip 6250 in the msd. 40 psi at idle and 80- 90 psi in racing mode. I am not a good engine builder yet but learning every day and geting better. I side note, some lifters or bores have a .010 groove in them to spray oil on the roller and cam face, did your's? I am not picking on you, just looking for answers also. Rick Lake